Are you tired of not being able to scrape enough together to buy auto insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other consumers. Since you have so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to find the most cost effective auto insurance company.
The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this information. Nevertheless, drivers must know how companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
To find the best auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many different insurance companies. The best method to compare rates is to jump online and get quotes. It’s really quite simple and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the fastest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for every prospective company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to analyze rates requires visiting each individual company website and repeat the quote process again and again. For instance, let’s say you need rates from Allstate, Farmers and Progressive. In order to get each rate, you would have to navigate to each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming way to find and compare rates is physically going to local insurance agencies. The ability to quote online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the personal advice that only an agent can give. Although you can compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical quote data for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to determine which company has the best rates. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find the best price.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive reduced rates on 300SE 3.2 coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurancerates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- E-sign – A handful of auto insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their on 300SE 3.2 coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To find companies with discount rates, click here to view.