Wish you could get a refund on an expensive auto insurance policy? It’s quite common and you’re not the only one. Vehicle owners have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the best rates.
To find , there are several ways of comparing rates from local auto insurance companies. The best way to comparison shop consists of shopping online. This is quite simple and can be completed by using one of the methods below.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage data for each quote you get. If you enter different data it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mercedes-Benz GL320 BlueTec. Just slight variations in limits could throw off the whole comparison. Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Resident Student – who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You could save around 10% when you .
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and GEICO may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, driver’s education, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, multi-car, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, seat belt use, air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, mature driver, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, good student, air bag, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts for new vehicle, safe driver, multi-policy, vehicle storage, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What are no-fault laws?
- If my Mercedes-Benz GL320 BlueTec is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my Mercedes-Benz GL320 BlueTec need full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier