Are you drained from scraping the payment together to pay car insurance each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Due to the increasing number of insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most cost effective car insurance provider.
Don’t overlook these car insurance discounts
Some providers do not list every disount available very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. It could save around 10% when you .
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Cayman S coverage depending on your company.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
If you would like to view companies who offer cheap car insurance quotes, follow this link.
How Your Cayman S Insurance Costs are Determined
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- How much liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Avoid car insurance policy lapses – Letting your insurance expire can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- When should you not file a policy claims? – Car insurance companies provide lower rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of car insurance companies provide lower prices to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other insurance prices to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Rural areas have lower costs – Living in less populated areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and higher rates of accident claims. Less people translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Optional features impact prices – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the miles on your Porsche in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your Cayman S may be wasting your money. Double check that your vehicle rating is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Bad drivers pay high costs – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
When to get professional advice
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="http://www.quoteclickinsure.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/ci175-30.jpg" alt=" insurance quotes“/>
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance buyers beware
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to advertise claims that you can save if you just switch your car insurance policy to them.
Is it even possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? This is the trick they use.
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. An example of a profitable risk profile might have to be over the age of 45, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured that matches those criteria gets the lowest auto insurance rates as well as save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet these stringent criteria will get a higher premium and the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just not possible to know with any certainty which company will have the best rates for your profile.
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
In this article, we presented many ways to lower your Porsche Cayman S insurance premium rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting . You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for , you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.