Shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLK300 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Mercedes-Benz and get the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest price for SLK300 insurance two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best methods to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have lower prices if you buy life insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include good driver, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, renewal discount, good student, driver training, multi-policy, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Travelers includes discounts for driver training, save driver, IntelliDrive, good student, continuous insurance, and new car.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, air bag, driver training, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free auto insurance quotes, click here.
Most of the larger companies give pricing online. Doing online price comparisons is pretty easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you complete the form, the company’s rating system gets your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find a better rate.
The smarter way to find cheaper rates makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It takes 15 minutes at the most and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you big savings. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors that factor into premiums.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Mercedes-Benz each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your SLK300 may be costing you higher rates. Double check that your vehicle rating states annual mileage.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Combine and save – Many insurers will award a discount to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Do you know your comp and collision deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be for SLK300 insurance.
- Auto insurance rates and your vocation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like doctors, business owners and accountants usually pay higher rates than average because of job stress and long work hours. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates for SLK300 insurance.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Auto insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Vehicle features that lower premiums – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Driving citations can be expensive – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Having just one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have careless citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What if I total my Mercedes-Benz SLK300 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mercedes-Benz SLK300?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Mercedes-Benz SLK300 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.