Locating better insurance prices for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can use our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Ford and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Consumers need to do price comparisons yearly because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Explorer Sport Trac insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the most efficient way to do it. You could spend the better part of a day talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and every company then returns a price quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for every auto insurance company.
To use this form to compare rates click to open in new window.
The only downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose which providers to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just try to keep exactly the same coverage information with each company. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
What Determines Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Rates?
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are some of the things companies use to determine premiums.
- Your career may increase rates – Occupations like military personnel, executives and medical professionals generally pay higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, historians and performers pay the least on Explorer Sport Trac insurance.
- More annual miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Ford annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Explorer Sport Trac may be costing you.
- Auto insurance rates and age – Inexperience drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older people tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims , and are generally more financially stable.
- Lower rates with uninterrupted coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Ford is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Explorer Sport Trac insurance.
Find discounts to get cheap auto insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a on Explorer Sport Trac insurance.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Explorer Sport Trac insurance with select insurance companies.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply the the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, mature driver, teen driver, homeowner, good student, and early shopping.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, good student, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in your area. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts, click here to view.
Do the work, save more money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-friendly auto insurance can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through local independent agencies.
You just read many ways to shop for Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting . You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.