Tightwads Tips for Saving on Bellville Auto Insurance
Expensive auto insurance can dwindle your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. You have so many to pick from, and although it's nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
It's important to price shop coverage yearly since insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don't believe everything you read about auto insurance online, so I'm going to show you some great ways to find affordable auto insurance.
How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance in Bellville, OH
Cutting your Bellville auto insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just have to invest a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A harder way to get quotes online requires you to visit each company's website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let's say you want comparison quotes from , and . To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company's site and enter your policy data, and that's why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Bellville, click here.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use identical coverage information for every company. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best in Bellville.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance companies don't always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- College Student - Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck.
To see a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Learn more about auto insurance in Ohio
Additional detailed information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and view a list of available companies.