Easy Methods to Cut Costs on Wentzville Auto Insurance
Shopping for the most affordable Wentzville auto insurance online is rather challenging for people who are new to comparing rates online. When there are so many online companies available, how can consumers possibly compare them all to find the best pricing?
It's important to shop coverage around yearly because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates a year ago you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the web, but I'm going to show you some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Tips to Get Lower Wentzville Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Big city or small town - Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Extra coverages can waste money - There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Getting married helps lower the price on auto insurance. It translates into being more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability coverage protects you - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Life Insurance Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Missouri, click here.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Missouri consumers can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim about savings if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who fall outside these standards will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Learn more about auto insurance in Missouri
Additional information can be read on the Missouri Department of Insurance website located here. Missouri consumers can view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and discover disciplinary actions.
In the end, you save
While you're price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Cheap auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Wentzville, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to save on auto insurance. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.