Top Ways to Save on Sunrise Auto Insurance
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? Believe me when I say you're not alone. Multiple compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a to discover the definitive lowest rate
It's important to compare rates every six months since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so I'm going to show you some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Sunrise is easy if you know what you're doing. Florida vehicle owners just need to know how to compare rates over the internet.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Sunrise, Florida
Getting better auto insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form gets you price quotes direct from many companies.
A less efficient way to shop for auto insurance online requires visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let's say you want to compare rates from , and . You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Sunrise, click here.
It's your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing the exact same quote information on every quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages you can't possibly make a fair comparison in Sunrise.
You have some control over your rates
It's important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Pay less after the wedding - Getting married can get you a discount on your policy. It means you're more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Your location is important - Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Florida areas tend to have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Traffic citations inflate rates - Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Women pay lower rates - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident - A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Sunrise, click here to view.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida can be read on the website for the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation found here. Florida drivers can get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, find disaster information, and view agent and company licensing information.
In the end, you save
Discount auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Sunrise agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like .