Compare Stillwater Auto Insurance Prices With These Methods
Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance options in Stillwater? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a real challenge to find the lowest price.
It's important to check auto insurance prices every six months because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Pricing the cheapest protection in Stillwater is quite easy. In a nutshell, every driver who carries auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to cut their insurance bill. Although Oklahoma consumers do need to know how big insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
What determines how much you pay?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Cautious drivers pay less - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- With age comes lower rates - Youthful drivers in Oklahoma are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Drive less and save money - Driving more miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Men pay higher rates - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both have accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums - Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Good Grades - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Resident Student - Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- No Charge for an Accident - Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Oklahoma, click here to view.
Is there truth in advertising?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching to them. How does each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who don't measure up to these standards will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Learn more about Oklahoma auto insurance
Additional information can be found on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
We covered many tips how you can save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Stillwater insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.