How to Get Cheap Statesboro Car Insurance
Searching for affordable Statesboro car insurance on the internet can be impossible for consumers new to online price comaprisons. With so many choices of choices, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the cheapest rates?
It's important to take a look at other company's rates on a regular basis because rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the fastest and easiest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always list all their discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- College Student - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Statesboro may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Good Student Discount - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up to age 25.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost in Statesboro, Georgia
There are several ways to compare quotes from local Statesboro car insurance companies. The best method to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission gets you coverage quotes from several companies. It's definitely the quickest method.
- Another way to compare rate quotes consists of going to each company's website and request a quote. For example, let's assume you want comparison quotes from , and . To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Statesboro, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing identical coverages with every price quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to find the best deal in Statesboro. Just a small difference in limits may cause a big price difference. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find lower pricing.
Statesboro Rates are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Mature drivers pay less - Young drivers in Georgia tend to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- High deductibles save money - Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Georgia provide lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rural vs Urban Areas - Residing in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. City drivers have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- How's your driving record? - Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Men fork out a little more - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save if you move to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A customer who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Statesboro agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
For more Georgia car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.