Free Guide to Paying Less for Simpsonville Car Insurance Online
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Trust us, you're not alone.
Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be challenging to pick the lowest price car insurance company.
It's important to do rate comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to learn one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every available discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Memberships - Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Resident Student - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in South Carolina, follow this link.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Simpsonville, South Carolina
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices but some are easier and takes less work. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance companies in Simpsonville, or you could use online quoting for quick rates.
Many insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each company can give them a price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each individual car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is you can't choose which carriers you want to price. If you prefer to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in South Carolina. View list of South Carolina insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you use different values for each quote you can't possibly find the best deal in Simpsonville. Just a small difference in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Simpsonville
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" companies use to determine your rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies - The majority of companies give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? - The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates - Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Mature drivers pay less - Youthful drivers in South Carolina tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job - Occupations like lawyers, architects and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Is there truth in advertising?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing that you can save if you move to them. But how can every company claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't measure up to this ideal profile will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. That's the way insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable car insurance is possible both online and with local Simpsonville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Learn more about South Carolina car insurance
Additional detailed information can be found at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, find disaster information, and file complaints about a company.