Seward Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Comparison shopping for Seward auto insurance is challenging for people who are new to comparison shopping online. People have so many options available that it can be a ton of work to find the best price in Seward.
It's important to compare prices before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but I'm going to show you some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Seward is easy if you know what you're doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Alaska vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare rates on the web.
Cheap Seward Auto Insurance Comparisons
Getting better auto insurance pricing isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The first (and easiest) way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from multiple companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
A harder way to shop for auto insurance online requires a trip to each company's website to complete a price quote. For instance, we'll pretend you want rates from , and . To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Seward, click here.
It's up to you which method you use, but ensure you're using identical quote information with each company. If you are comparing mixed coverages then you won't be able to make an equal comparison in Seward.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- Males pay more for insurance - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? - Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - Your policy's liability coverage will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Bump up deductibles to save - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- A clean driving record saves money - Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one ticket can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More performance means more cost - The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Car insurance companies in Alaska award lower rates to people who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you're not getting every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Seward can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Alaska, click here to view.
More detailed Alaska auto insurance information can be read at the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Alaska drivers can learn about insurance regulations, read industry bulletins, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
In the end, you save
While you're price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Discount auto insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Seward, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.