Tightwads Tips for Saving on Richardson Auto Insurance
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you you're not the only one. You have so many to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
Finding the best rates in Richardson is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Texas vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to buy auto insurance online.
Compare Quotes for Richardson Auto Insurance
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes online. This process doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it's very important to perform this step in order to get the best price on auto insurance.
A quicker way to lower your rates uses one form to obtain quotes from many companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes quoting online much more efficient. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you're not getting every credit possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Memberships - Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
More detailed Texas auto insurance information can be read at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, and view a list of available companies.