Tightwads Tips for Saving on Queen Creek Car Insurance
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your bank account and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Consumers have many to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare rates on a regular basis because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest price a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to buy cheaper car insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Queen Creek is not that difficult. Essentially anyone who carries car insurance should be able to reduce their rates. Although Arizona car owners do need to know how insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Multiple Cars - Having all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
You have some control over your rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- One company can mean more discounts - Some insurers give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Pay less after the wedding - Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage means you're more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don't skimp on liability - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Males pay more for insurance - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- How's your driving record? - Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Drive less and save money - The higher the mileage driven in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
The car insurance bait and switch
Companies like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you change to their company. How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who don't measure up to these standards will be charged higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Even more information is located at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about insurance regulations.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Queen Creek agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce car insurance prices online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as .