How to Know You're Wasting Money for Auto Insurance in Palmdale
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced auto insurance? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat. Drivers have multiple to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Don't believe everything you read about auto insurance online but I'm going to show you some great ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Palmdale is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. California drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Comprehensive Palmdale Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most major insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm quote coverage prices on their websites. This process is pretty painless as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a lower rate.
A less time-consuming method to find better auto insurance pricing uses one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It's a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes quoting online a little more enjoyable. After sending the form, it is quoted and you can select any one of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, it's easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
Palmdale Rates are Influenced by These Factors
It's important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Women pay lower rates - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Little extras can really add up - There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Discounts for married couples - Getting married can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. It means you're more mature and responsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Pleasure use saves money - Driving more miles in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Older drivers save more - Teen drivers in California are known to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies don't list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you're not getting every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 - Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- No Charge for an Accident - Certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student - Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click this link.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the California Department of Insurance website. California consumers can learn about insurance regulations, discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
And the best car insurance company is...
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Cost effective auto insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Palmdale agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.