Free Guide to Saving Money on Orangeburg Car Insurance Online
Overpriced car insurance can empty your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Drivers have so many to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. So just ignore everything you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the tricks you need to know to find lower rates on car insurance.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Sign Online - Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
How to Lower your Car Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate rates.
- More miles equals more premium - Driving more miles in a year's time the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. It translates into being more mature and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Older drivers pay less - Youthful drivers in South Carolina are known to be more careless when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? - Liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Don't cancel a policy without a new one in place - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the South Carolina DMV.
- Do you have a high stress job? - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and performers get better rates.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save after switching your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards will have to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Additional detailed information can be found at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Affordable car insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Orangeburg, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don't offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.