How to Know You're Throwing Money Away for Auto Insurance in Nebraska City
Have you had enough of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners in Nebraska. Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's important to price shop coverage once or twice a year because insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Nebraska City is quite easy. Nebraska drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to get comparison rates over the internet.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Being married is a good thing - Being married can get you a discount on auto insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Optional equipment can affect rates - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Men pay higher rates - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Safer cars get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Better credit scores mean better rates - Credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage - Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Low deductibles can be expensive - Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance in Nebraska City
Reducing your insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online requires you to visit each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we'll pretend you want rates from , and . You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Nebraska City, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to local Nebraska City insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using exactly the same coverage information for each comparison quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Nebraska City.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Nebraska City can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it's offered in school.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
To choose companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Nebraska City, click here.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Nebraska consumers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings after switching your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A driver that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the website for the Nebraska Department of Insurance through this link. Nebraska consumers can get help finding coverage, view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, and find disaster information.
In the end, you save
Low-cost auto insurance can be bought online in addition to many Nebraska City insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.