How to Know You're Spending Too Much for Car Insurance in Naugatuck
Scraping up a payment for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Doing a price comparison is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. You have so many to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
This article will help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Connecticut vehicle owners just need to know how to shop for car insurance on the web.
These discounts can lower your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Paperwork-free - Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Waiver - Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Own a Home - Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Connecticut, follow this link.
Naugatuck Car Insurance Prices Online
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give coverage price quotes online. The process doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these and other factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it's very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get better car insurance pricing.
The preferred way to find lower prices utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After sending the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the price quotes you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This makes sure you will have comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? - Careers like real estate brokers, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as pilots, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Marriage pays dividends - Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Males pay more for insurance - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates - Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Save money with special equipment - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers can't get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing that you'll save big if you change your policy.
How does each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A customer who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
A tidy conclusion
Discount car insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Naugatuck insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you many ways to compare car insurance prices online. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as .
Much more information about car insurance in Connecticut can be read on the website for the Connecticut Insurance Department. Click here for link. Consumers can read industry bulletins, get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about insurance regulations.