Finding the Cheapest Naperville Auto Insurance
I can't think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's important to shop coverage around occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest price a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to find out the proper way to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Naperville is not that difficult. Illinois consumers only need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- College Student - Children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Tips to Get Lower Naperville Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Older drivers pay less - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates - Credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Small claims can cost you - Car insurance companies in Illinois provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? - There are many additional coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- What are Illinois no-fault laws?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Illinois drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How can each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements will have to pay more money which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Even more information is located at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Illinois drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, download brochures, and discover disciplinary actions.
And the best car insurance company is...
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as .