Free Guide to Saving Money on Marquette Auto Insurance Online
Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other car owners in Michigan. There is such a variety of to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
Buying car insurance in Marquette is easy if you know what you're doing. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Michigan vehicle owners just need to know the tricks to get comparison rates online.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates - Companies in Michigan award lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind - The liability section of your policy will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- More miles equals more premium - The more you drive every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Save money with special equipment - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- More performance means more cost - The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Save big with these discounts
Companies don't always publicize every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you're not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Michigan, click here to view.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Michigan consumers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all make an identical promise that you'll save big if you move your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will be quoted more money and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that kind of money. That's why companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know the company that will have the lowest rates.
More Michigan auto insurance information
More detailed Michigan auto insurance information can be read at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Michigan consumers can download brochures, read industry bulletins, find out which companies have the most complaints, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
And the best car insurance company is...
Discount auto insurance is definitely available online in addition to many Marquette insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.