Longview Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Using the web to shop for Longview auto insurance can be difficult if you're new to online price comparisons. But don't be discouraged because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so I'm going to show you some great ways to save money.
Locating the cheapest auto insurance in Longview can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Washington vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to find the lowest price on the web.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- College Student - Children living away from home attending college and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Multiple Cars - Having all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Forgiveness - Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Washington, follow this link.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Longview, WA
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you aren't aware of the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Longview, or you could save time and use the web to get the quickest rates.
Many insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is that consumers can't choose which carriers to receive prices from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in Washington. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples quote information with each company. If each company quotes mixed coverages it's impossible to make an equal comparison in Longview.
Longview Rates are Influenced by These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Mature drivers pay less - Teenage drivers in Washington have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Bundling policies can get discounts - Some companies will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Lower deductibles cost more - Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? - Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What are Washington no-fault laws?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Washington drivers can't get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to say the same thing that you'll save big if you change to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be profiled as between 30 and 50, owns a home, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It's not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
And the best car insurance company is...
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Budget-conscious auto insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Longview agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more Washington car insurance information
Much more information about auto insurance in Washington can be read on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website located here. Washington drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read consumer alerts, and report car insurance fraud.