Tightwads Guide to Saving on Henderson Auto Insurance
Expensive auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Having so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be hard to choose the most affordable provider.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
How to Buy Henderson Auto Insurance Online
There are multiple methods to compare auto insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste hours driving to insurance companies in Henderson, or you can utilize the internet to get the quickest rates.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company provides a quote. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of system is you cannot specify the companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare rates, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in Nevada. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples information on every quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Henderson. Slightly different limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best price.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.