7 Discounts Glenview Consumers Forget when Comparing Car Insurance
Nobody I know likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. With consumers having so many different company options, it's difficult to choose the lowest price insurance company.
It's important to compare prices periodically since rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price last year there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ways to stop overpaying for insurance.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be asked for before being credited. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Illinois, click this link.
How to Get Glenview Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a better price on car insurance isn't really that difficult. Consumers just need to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return price quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
A more time consuming way to shop for car insurance online consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, let's assume you want to compare , and . To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Glenview, click here.
It's up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you have different values for each quote it's not possible to determine the lowest rate in Glenview.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Best coverage at the best price
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like .