Best Way to Find Low-Cost Fruita Auto Insurance
Finding the best price on Fruita auto insurance can be a challenge if you've never compared online price comparisons. But don't let that discourage you because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
It's important to take a look at other company's rates occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price six months ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
Buying car insurance in Fruita is easy if you know what you're doing. Basically, everyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. But Colorado vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Fruita, CO
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different Fruita insurance companies. The recommended way to compare insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. A single form gets rate comparisons from all major companies. Just one form and you're done.
A less efficient way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit each company website and request a quote. For example, we'll assume you want to compare , and . To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Fruita, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples information with every price quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to find the best deal in Fruita. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Fruita Rates are Influenced by These Factors
It's important that you understand some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Traffic citations inflate rates - Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates - Your credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Your location is important - Living in less populated areas has it's advantages when buying auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Save big with these discounts
Companies don't list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness - Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Discount - Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Fruita?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
More detailed Colorado auto insurance information can be found at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Colorado drivers can file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
Other useful links include III.org's auto insurance page and this directory of insurance agents in Fruita Colorado.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.