Fort Lauderdale Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Shopping for the most affordable Fort Lauderdale auto insurance on the web can seem to be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. When there are so many online companies, how can you even start to compare every company to locate the cheapest available price?
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Locating affordable auto insurance in Fort Lauderdale can be fairly easy. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies sell online.
What determines how much you pay?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Little extras can really add up - There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Being married can save on auto insurance - Getting married helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- High numbers of claims are not good - Auto insurance companies in Florida give cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- A clean driving record saves money - Only having one ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
How much can you save with discounts?
Companies don't list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Organization Discounts - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings when buying auto insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
To choose insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Fort Lauderdale, click this link.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you change to them. How can each company say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A propective insured who matches those parameters receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don't meet the requirements must pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
For more Florida auto insurance information
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Florida drivers can discover disciplinary actions, get help finding coverage, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Do the work, save more money
Low-cost auto insurance can be sourced on the web and with local Fort Lauderdale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on auto insurance. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.