Easy Methods to Pay Less on Daytona Beach Auto Insurance
Purchasing the lowest cost Daytona Beach auto insurance online is rather challenging for consumers new to comparison shopping online. When there are so many online companies available, how can consumers possibly compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
It's important to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the best ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Daytona Beach
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- How many coverages with the same company - Many insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- With age comes lower rates - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers are known to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability coverage protects you - Liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- High deductibles save money - Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more you're willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- An active claims history can cost you - Insurance companies in Florida generally give better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Save big with these discounts
Companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- E-sign - Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it's possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Daytona Beach, click here.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim about savings after switching to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" will get the preferred rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who fall outside the "perfect" profile will be charged a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save money. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why you should compare many company's rates. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Even more information is located at the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation website. Florida consumers can read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Shop smart and save
While you're price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap auto insurance can be bought online and with local Daytona Beach insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.