Cambridge Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Purchasing the lowest cost Cambridge auto insurance on the internet is rather challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. When there are so many choices, how can you have a chance to compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
It's important to shop coverage around quite often since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Tips to Get Lower Cambridge Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- More than one policy can earn a discount - Many companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- With age comes lower rates - More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are known to be more careless when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Marriage brings a discount - Getting married can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and it's proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself - Insurance companies in Massachusetts provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Occupation reflects on rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and dentists have the highest average rates because of high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations such as pilots, historians and performers get better rates.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student - Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Claim Free - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Cambridge, follow this link.
How can Allstate and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing about savings after switching your coverage to them. How can each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements will be charged more money which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why you should quote coverage with many companies. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Massachusetts?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Cambridge?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Even more information can be read at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Massachusetts drivers can read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and get help finding coverage.
Affordable insurance is out there
When you buy insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap auto insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Cambridge, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.