Free Guide to Paying Less for Wickliffe Auto Insurance Online
No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Drivers have multiple to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
It's important to compare prices periodically because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the only way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Shopping for the cheapest coverage in Wickliffe is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Ohio vehicle owners just need to know the proper methods to compare rates online.
How to Get Wickliffe Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Cutting your auto insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. Consumers just need to take the time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. Just one form compares rates from multiple companies.
- A more difficult way to shop for auto insurance online is going to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let's assume you want to compare , and . To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Wickliffe, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you are comparing different liability limits it's impossible to determine the lowest rate in Wickliffe.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Accident Forgiveness - Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Additional Ohio consumer information
Much more information about auto insurance in Ohio is located on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Ohio consumers can learn about specific coverages, file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.