10 Tricks Guaranteed to Slash the Cost of Car Insurance Costs in Westfield
No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
It's important to do rate comparisons periodically since rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you the tricks you need to know to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding affordable coverage in Westfield is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Although New Jersey car owners do need to know how companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
How much can you save with these ten discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Forgiveness - Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Westfield can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you move to them. But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't meet this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get quotes from several different companies. It's just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Additional New Jersey consumer information
Even more information can be found at the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, find out industry alerts, download brochures, and read consumer alerts.
The cheapest car insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Westfield insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like .