West Chester Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance company choices in West Chester? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
It's important to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, so I'm going to show you some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
Finding the best rates in West Chester is quite easy. Just about every driver who has to buy auto insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, Ohio consumers do need to know how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- College Student - Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in West Chester may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
How can GEICO, State Farm and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Auto insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings if you change your policy. How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will have to pay more money which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should get a wide range of price quotes. It's impossible to know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Find out more about auto insurance
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
Shop smart and save
When buying insurance coverage, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable both online in addition to many West Chester insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.