Lower Online Waynesfield Car Insurance Prices With These Tricks
If you're new to shopping for car insurance online, it's easy to be confused by the hoards of car insurance companies competing for business in Waynesfield.
It's important to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Buying the cheapest car insurance coverage in Waynesfield is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. But Ohio consumers do need to know how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
How to Lower your Car Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Your location is important - Living in a small town can be a good thing when talking about car insurance. City drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation - Jobs such as doctors, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Marriage pays dividends - Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. It translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Finding Car Insurance in Waynesfield, OH
There are several ways of comparing rates from different Waynesfield insurance companies. One of the best ways to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The fastest way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for each company. A single form gets you coverage quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online consists of going to the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let's assume you want to compare , and . You would have to spend time on each company's site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in Waynesfield, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to insurance agents' offices. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, find lower rates online and still use a local agent and you'll learn how to do that later.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use identical coverages for every company. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one you can't possibly decipher which rate is best in Waynesfield. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing.
Save big with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save - Some companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To choose companies with the best car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing that you'll save big if you move your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money? It's all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain "appetite" for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will have to pay more money which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Much more information about car insurance in Ohio is available on the Ohio Department of Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, read consumer alerts, and read industry bulletins.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is easier than you think.
Discount car insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Waynesfield, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.