Free Guide to Paying Less for Waverly Auto Insurance Online
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say you're not alone.
You have so many to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
This article will tell you how to effectively get price quotes. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Although Ohio drivers do need to know the way insurance companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" that factor into prices.
- Save money with special equipment - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
- Sex matters - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates - Companies in Ohio provide lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Never go without insurance - Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Ohio DMV.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job - Careers like lawyers, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Add-on coverages can add up - There are a lot of extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class in high school.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing about savings if you move your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims? It's all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who don't meet these standards will be quoted more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "customers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Find out more about auto insurance
Additional information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance found here. Ohio consumers can view a list of available companies, find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, and download brochures.
Shop smart and save
The cheapest auto insurance is possible online in addition to many Waverly insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.