Free Guide to Cutting Costs on Washington Auto Insurance Online
No one in their right mind likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof. Because there are so many choices of insurance companies, it can be challenging to choose the lowest price company.
Finding the lowest cost auto insurance in Washington is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maximizing coverage. New Jersey vehicle owners just need to know the best way to shop for auto insurance on the web.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals in Washington, NJ
Most major insurance companies give coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you just enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, their system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it's very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get better auto insurance pricing.
The easy way to compare rates
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form that gets prices from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes price shopping online much more efficient. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This way, you will get a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Washington Rates are Influenced by These Factors
It's important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you need those extra coverages? - There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they're wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts - Some companies will award you with lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Occupations such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Please use or commuting - The higher the mileage driven each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Safety Course Discount - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Student in College - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates in New Jersey, follow this link.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Much more information about auto insurance in New Jersey can be found on the website for the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance found here. New Jersey drivers can discover disciplinary actions, read consumer alerts, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
And the best car insurance company is...
Discount auto insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Washington agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.