Finding Low-Cost Walnut Creek Car Insurance
I can't think of anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when their premiums are through the roof. Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to pick the most cost effective insurance company.
It's important to price shop coverage occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the lowest rates last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding affordable coverage in Walnut Creek is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Ohio drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare company rates on the web.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you don't get every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness - Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a set time period.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Walnut Creek may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Good Student - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click this link.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Walnut Creek, OH
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance agencies in Walnut Creek, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company then gives them pricing for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The only drawback to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which carriers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Ohio. Click here to view list.
It's up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples quote information for every quote you compare. If you use mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the best price in Walnut Creek.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the "ingredients" that factor into rates.
- Males pay more for insurance - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Bundling policies can get discounts - Some car insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Lower deductibles cost more - Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates - Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured's situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Ohio can't get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings if you change your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured might be a mature driver, owns a home, and has great credit. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don't measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state "drivers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
And the best car insurance company is...
Low-cost car insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many Walnut Creek insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare car insurance prices online. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like .
For more Ohio car insurance information
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, and file complaints about a company.