Car Insurance in Vienna - 9 Discounts to Save Money
No one in their right mind looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Consumers have many to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare rates periodically since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates six months ago you can probably find a better price now. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance online but I'm going to show you some great ways to quit paying high car insurance rates.
How much can you save with these nine discounts?
Car insurance companies don't list all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Forgiveness - Certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Good Student - This discount can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- College Student - Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Safety - Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
To choose companies who offer car insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings after switching to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
Different companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a desirable insured could be between 25 and 40, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who don't meet these standards will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say "customers that switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that much. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings. Because of the profiling, you should compare as many rates as you can. It's just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest rates.
How much car insurance do I need?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What are Ohio no-fault laws?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Even more information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about a company, view agent and company licensing information, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Do the work, save more money
Cheaper car insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Vienna agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like .
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford.