Car Insurance in Valley City - 7 Discounts You Might be Forgetting
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced car insurance? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer's remorse. Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It's important to price shop coverage every six months since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates last year you can probably find a lower rate today. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we're going to show you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Compare Quotes for Valley City Car Insurance
Most companies provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting quotes doesn't take a lot of time as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit different websites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find a lower rate.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to lower your rates is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from a bunch of companies at once. It's a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online a lot less work. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose your choice of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, it's easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount - Having more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Valley City, click here.
Learn more about Ohio car insurance
Additional information can be found on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, report car insurance fraud, read consumer alerts, and download brochures.