Compare Troy Auto Insurance Prices With These Techniques
Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance companies in Troy? You have a lot of company. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a lot of work to locate the lowest price.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Careers like real estate brokers, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and long work days. Other jobs such as actors, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Companies in Ohio give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Optional equipment can affect rates - Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Teen drivers pay high rates - Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Men are more aggressive - Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Comprehensive Troy Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are multiple methods to compare auto insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance companies in Troy, or you could use online quoting to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and at least one company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in Ohio. Click here to view list.
It's up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare exactly the same coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you use differing limits you can't possibly determine the lowest rate in Troy.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always advertise every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
To choose insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Troy, click this link.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Ohio drivers can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all make the same claim about savings if you change your policy.
How can each company say the same thing? It's all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and has a short commute. A propective insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don't measure up to the requirements will be quoted higher prices which leads to business not being written. The ads state "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you need to get quotes from several different companies. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Even more information can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can read industry bulletins, find disaster information, and download brochures.
A tidy conclusion
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
Cheaper auto insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Troy insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.