Free Guide to Saving Money on Toronto Auto Insurance Online
Are you tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Ohio drivers. Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to compare prices before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Compare Toronto Auto Insurance Costs
Cutting your Toronto auto insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies.
- A harder way to get quotes online consists of going to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let's say you want rates from , and . To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Toronto, click here.
- The least recommended way of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to and from local Toronto insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local Toronto agent. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and we'll touch on that later.
It's up to you which method you use, but ensure you're using exactly the same coverages on every quote you get. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Toronto.
Save big with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings. If you aren't receiving every discount available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Toronto can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Toronto, click here to view.
Additional information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Ohio drivers can report car insurance fraud, find a variety of consumer forms, read industry bulletins, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.