Top 8 Ways to Save on Car Insurance in Toledo, OH
Have you had enough of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Ohio consumers.
You have so many to pick from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
Buying car insurance in Toledo is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But Ohio consumers do need to know how companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison in Toledo
There are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find the cheapest insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The fastest way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every car insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we'll pretend you want rates from , and . To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company's site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in Toledo, click here.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes differing limits it will be next to impossible to determine the best price in Toledo. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may result in large price differences. It's important to know that comparing more company's prices helps you find better pricing.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Organization Discounts - Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
To choose insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, follow this link.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing that you'll save big if you change your coverage to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don't qualify for these standards will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. That's why companies can advertise the savings. This emphasizes why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It's just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
More detailed Ohio car insurance information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to download brochures, view a list of available companies, discover disciplinary actions, and view agent and company licensing information.
Affordable insurance is out there
Discount car insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Toledo, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.