Top 8 Ways to Pay Less on Car Insurance in Tallmadge
No one in their right mind likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Consumers have many to pick from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It's important to compare rates periodically since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Don't believe everything you read about car insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some great ways to quit paying high car insurance rates.
Save big with these eight discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Good Student - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Ohio, click this link.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers in Ohio can't ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make the same claim that you can save if you change to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a certain "appetite" for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will be charged more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. That is why you should get as many quotes as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
But I don't know anything about car insurance
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Additional Ohio consumer information
Additional detailed information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about specific coverages, file complaints about a company, discover disciplinary actions, and view agent and company licensing information.
Best coverage at the best price
We just covered some good ideas how to save on car insurance. It's most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like .
Affordable car insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Tallmadge agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.