Best Way to Find the Cheapest Struthers Auto Insurance
Are you intimidated by the dozens of auto insurance options in Struthers? You're not alone. You have so many choices that it can turn into a real hassle to find better rates.
It's important to get comparison quotes every six months since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest price two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the internet, so I'm going to show you some great ways to find cheap auto insurance.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Struthers may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Older drivers pay less - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you know your deductibles? - Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Clean credit earns discounts - Credit score is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Never allow your policy to lapse - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your occupation can affect rates - Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like actors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Most auto insurance companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it's in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch your policy. How can each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don't qualify for the requirements will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ad wording is "drivers who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way insurance companies can state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Learn more about Ohio auto insurance
More information is located on the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. Ohio drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and find out industry alerts.
When buying insurance coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Affordable auto insurance is available on the web in addition to many Struthers insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.