Comparing Cheaper Stow Car Insurance
Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other Ohio consumers.
Lots of contend to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every to get the lowest price
It's important to shop coverage around once or twice a year because rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to find better coverage at a better price.
Tips to Get Lower Stow Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- More than one policy can earn a discount - Most insurers give discounts to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Theft deterrents lower rates - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder car theft.
- Low deductibles can be expensive - Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Your job and insurance rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
- Liability coverage protects you - Liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- The more you drive the more you pay - The more miles you rack up on your car every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Stow, click here to view.
How can Allstate and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all make the same claim?
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and has great credit. A customer who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will be charged higher premiums and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why you should compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
More Ohio car insurance information
Even more information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, view a list of available companies, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.
Shop smart and save
When you buy insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap car insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Stow, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.