Compare Springfield Car Insurance Prices With These Tricks
Are you intimidated by the number of car insurance company choices in Springfield? You're not the only one! You have so many options that it can turn into a real challenge to find lower rates.
It's important to do rate comparisons every six months due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best deal six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Finding the best rates in Springfield is not that difficult. Just about every driver who carries car insurance will be able to save money. Although Ohio consumers do need to know how big insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies don't list all their discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- College Student - Youth drivers who live away from home and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Springfield
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Being married helps lower the price on car insurance. It is viewed as being more responsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don't skimp on liability - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Do you need those extra coverages? - There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates - Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Older drivers pay less - Youthful drivers in Ohio have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? - Some insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
How can State Farm, GEICO and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim about savings if you change to them. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. Any driver that hits that "sweet spot" will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save money. That's the way companies can truthfully state the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which car insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Even more information is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find out which companies have the most complaints, and discover disciplinary actions.
Affordable insurance is out there
The cheapest car insurance is attainable both online and with local Springfield insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to reduce car insurance prices online. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.