Rockford Auto Insurance For Less Than You're Paying Now
Purchasing the most affordable Rockford auto insurance on the internet is rather challenging for consumers new to online price comaprisons. Because there are so many online companies, how can you even start to compare the different rates to find the best price?
It's important to price shop coverage quite often because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Policy discounts you shouldn't miss
Companies don't list every available discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Resident Student - Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Ohio?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Rockford?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Save $429 a year? Really?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads say the same thing about savings after switching your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these standards will be charged more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "people who switch" but not "drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why you should compare many company's rates. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More sites with auto insurance information
Even more information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can file complaints about a company, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
Shop smart and save
You just read a lot of tips how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought online in addition to many Rockford insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.