How to Know You're Throwing Money Away for Auto Insurance in Republic
Have you had enough of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You're in the same situation as many other Ohio drivers.
With so many choices, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the best insurance company.
Buying car insurance in Republic is quite easy. Basically, every vehicle owner who has to buy auto insurance will most likely be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, Ohio vehicle owners do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance.
Save big with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free - Companies in Ohio give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Save money with special equipment - Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Having a bad credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your rating. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage - Liability insurance will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - The more miles you rack up on your car every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle's coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Older drivers pay less - Teenage drivers in Ohio are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim of big savings if you switch your coverage to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted more money which leads to business not being written. The ads state "customers that switch" not "people who quote" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. It's not possible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
More Ohio auto insurance information
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can download brochures, view a list of available companies, find out industry alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Affordable insurance is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost auto insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Republic, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.