Car Insurance in Prospect - 7 Discounts to Save Money
Nobody looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is way too high. Insurance companies such as GEICO and Progressive persitently shower you with catchy ads and it can be hard to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It's important to get comparison quotes periodically since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
More discounts equal less premium
Car insurance companies don't always list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Forgiveness - A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don't have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- New Car Discount - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Prospect, click this link.
Prospect Car Insurance Comparisons
Most major insurance companies provide insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes doesn't take much effort as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
A more efficient way to compare rates is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It's a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, click here and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you could use an agent's help.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best coverage at the best price
Cheaper car insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Prospect insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as .
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.