How to Know You're Wasting Money for Auto Insurance in Plain City
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many Plain City consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Numerous battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a to find the lowest rate
It's important to compare prices at least once a year since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest price a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so we're going to give you some great ways to find cheap auto insurance.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance companies don't always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class in school.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky.
How to Lower your Auto Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Traffic citations inflate rates - Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single citation can bump up the cost by twenty percent. Drivers who don't get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money - There are many extra coverages you can purchase if you aren't careful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Liability coverage is cheap - Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Claim-free discounts can add up - Insurance companies in Ohio award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you have to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Are you male or female? - Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
How can State Farm and Allstate save drivers who switch?
Companies like State Farm and Allstate constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all say the same thing?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will be charged a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much money. That's the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. That is why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Find out more about auto insurance
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can file complaints about a company, discover disciplinary actions, find disaster information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as .
Cheaper auto insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Plain City, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don't offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.