Free Guide to Cutting Costs on Piedmont Auto Insurance Online
Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Because you have many choices of insurance companies, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most affordable car insurance company.
It's important to compare prices yearly because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
Finding the best rates in Piedmont is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Ohio consumers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates - Your credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Where you reside plays a part - Residing in a rural area has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates - Even a single citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Marriage pays dividends - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you're more responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- More miles equals more premium - Driving more miles in a year's time the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
All major auto insurance companies provide coverage prices online. This process is quite simple as you simply enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company's website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it's very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find better auto insurance pricing.
The preferred way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one form to return rates from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes quoting online much more efficient. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you're overpaying now.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will receive comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Auto insurance companies don't always list every available discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you don't get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Waiver - Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Ohio consumers can't ignore all the ads for car insurance savings by Allstate and Progressive. All the ads say the same thing about savings after switching to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile will be charged more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It's impossible to know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Different people need different coverages
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Even more information is located at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio consumers can find out industry alerts, view agent and company licensing information, file complaints about a company, and get help finding coverage.
And the best car insurance company is...
When you buy insurance online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as .
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Piedmont agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.