How to Find Cheaper Philadelphia Auto Insurance
If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance companies vying for business in Philadelphia.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates in Philadelphia, PA
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from different Philadelphia insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. Just one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers. This is perfect if you don't have a lot of time.
- A less efficient way to shop for auto insurance online is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, let's say you want to compare , and . You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Philadelphia, click here.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare the exact same information with each company. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Philadelphia. Slightly different limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I buy only the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Do the work, save more money
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices, delays in paying claims or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.