Finding the Cheapest Perrysburg Auto Insurance
No one looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high. Companies like GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with advertising and it can be hard to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best price a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to find out one of the easiest ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Don't pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies don't list every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Have your child take driver's ed class in high school.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Perrysburg, click here.
Finding Auto Insurance in Perrysburg, OH
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be a lot of work if you aren't aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a lot of time talking to insurance agencies in Perrysburg, or you could save time and use online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which carriers you want to price. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in Ohio. View list of Ohio insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you compare different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate in Perrysburg.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Clean credit earns discounts - Your credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score.
- One company can mean more discounts - The majority of insurance companies give discounts to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates - Insurance companies in Ohio generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job - Occupations like lawyers, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
The auto insurance bait and switch
Ohio drivers can't get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you move your policy.
How can each company say the same thing?
All companies have a certain "appetite" for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A propective insured that hits that "sweet spot" gets the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don't measure up to the requirements will be charged higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ads say "customers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. That is why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. It's not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
A tidy conclusion
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable auto insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Perrysburg insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more Ohio car insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Ohio drivers can find out industry alerts, read consumer alerts, download brochures, and read industry bulletins.